The AeroSim Portal is a unique online sail design service
by Cape Horn Engineering
AeroSim is the first online sail design portal, providing you with rapid feedback on your designs. What used to be a long, tedious and therefore costly process accessible only to a chosen few has become a quick and simple procedure for anyone within the industry. Accurate results of the best possible sail geometry plus an efficient visualisation of the sail loads are available in just less than 1 hour.
The AeroSim Portal is developed with technology originating from Volvo Ocean Race and America’s Cup campaigns and is truly the state-of -the-art. Applied simulation methodologies are rigorously examined and validated.
Who is it for?
This online service is designed for sail makers, naval architects, yacht designers and/or sailors. It will analyse and evaluate the performance of the sails (and the boat), from a single sail design to multiple geometries, weather conditions and racecourse conditions.
A fast, efficient service, that is easy to use
- Upload your sail design and the AeroSim Portal will run a report and return it to you usually in half an hour.
- Never before have yacht and sail designers had the opportunity to so quickly receive the full extent of aerodynamic technology developed for Volvo Ocean Racing and America’s Cup campaigns. High fidelity simulations in a push of a button. Simulation methodology is backed up by a decade of validation.
- The AeroSim Portal offers a very cost-effective solution for a complex task. It has been designed and engineered to offer a cloud-based sail design tool to boost sailing yacht performance.
- We guarantee the privacy of your data.
- FREE TRAIL – Enter the portal and register now to receive 5 tokens for free ! 5 tokens will allow you to run 5 simulations.