Cape Horn Engineering is proud to be at the core of the design team of Land Rover BAR, the British Challenger in the 35th America’s Cup. The ultimate goal is to #BringTheCupHome, where it all started in 1851.
Cape Horn Engineering is responsible for providing CFD analysis to the design team and is involved in the overall concept design of the boat and the performance prediction.
CFD analyses are needed for multiple aspects of the design of the solid winged foiling catamarans, for example the following:
- Production of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic force models used by the Velocity Prediction Program and the human-in-the-loop dynamic simulator
- Determination of working and extreme loads in different sailing conditions to aid the structural design of the wing and appendages
- Reduction of the aerodynamic drag of the platform
- Optimisation of foil sections and 3D daggerboard and rudder shapes
- Fluid Structure Interaction of appendages and wing
- Cavitation avoidance