Cape Horn Engineering is a leading independent CFD consultancy well established in the maritime sector and with a world-wide client base. We specialize in the design of racing yachts, superyachts, commercial ships and renewables. We have been involved in several America’s Cup campaigns and have dominated the Volvo Ocean Race for almost a decade.
We are currently expanding our team and are looking for a self-motivated young professional with a high level of personal integrity willing to participate in the growth of our brand. As a company which continuously pushes the limits, we are offering a stimulating learning environment. There is the potential to become an integral part of a promising engineering business operating at the highest level of excellence.
As part of a dedicated group of CFD engineers you will be reporting directly to the company’s owner.
Our offices are located in Portsmouth, United Kingdom.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Simulations – Setting up and running of CFD simulations
- Reporting – Interpretation & analysis of results and summarising them in high-quality presentations
- Automation – Development of scripts and macros to manage the automated CFD tasks
- Development of novel methods and techniques to tackle new problems in fluid dynamics analyses
- Sales and Marketing – assisting in such activities through the preparation of presentations, visiting conferences and trade shows, preparing visuals and marketing material for our webpage and social media platforms
We are looking for an experienced engineer with the following personal attributes:
- Technically savvy – a high grade MEng or similar level qualification from a reputable university
- Proficient in StarCCM+ and/or other equivalent tools
- Programming skills in Python, Java and shell scripting
- Experience in Linux HPC environment
- Experience in managing projects and keeping deadlines
- Experience in Parametric Modelling, Finite Element Analysis, Fluid Structure Interaction and Design Optimisation will be a plus
- Knowledge of the maritime sector will be a plus
- Highest degree of diligence with regards to the quality of your work – including good practice record keeping, documentation, standards / conventions
- Responsible and autonomous, a team player – capable of leading development projects
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work well under pressure are central to this role, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in English, both verbally and in writing
Send you application to email@example.com